THE STUD-BOOK’S MISSIONS
The Selle Français Stud-Book is officially authorized by a decree from the Ministry of Agriculture since 8th of July 2003.
The main purpose of the Selle Français Stud-Book is to represent the Selle Français breed and its breeders in the equine world, and towards any individual interested in the breed. It is a non-profit association, governed by the 1st of July 1901 French law.
OBJECTIVES OF THE STUD-BOOK
The main objectives of the SF Stud-Book are the following:
Guide and provide orientation, selection and genetic improvement of Selle Français horses.
Gather breeders and all physical and moral people affected by the selection and promotion of the Selle Français horse.
• Define, within the Selle Français Stud-Book commission, the Selle Français breed characteristics, its orientations and selection objectives.
• Define, within the Selle Français Stud-Book commission, the genetic improvement of the Selle Français breeding programme (creation and diffusion of genetic improvement) and its evolutions.
• Establish, within the Selle Français Stud-Book commission, the licensing of stallions and broodmares of the SF breed grid and ensure the righteousness of its implementation.
• Define, within the Selle Français Stud-Book commission, the regulations of the genealogical book by the Haras Nationaux.
• Take part in the processing and diffusion of data on animals belonging to the SF breed. Establish, within the Selle Français Stud-Book commission, the regulations of management and use of available information concerning the SF breed.
• Publish information related to the improvement of the SF breed genetics.
• Develop, within the Selle Français Stud-Book commission, a data collection system on the horses in order to genetically improve the SF breed; train and authorize people entitled to collect the information available in the breed file.
• Promote the breed, its selection programme and its whole genetic material..
• Directly organize or contribute to the organization of competitions and events likely to help the development of the SF breed.
• Defend the SF breed’s general interests, especially in taking part in organizing the events related to it, and represent the breeders to other people.
• Make its competences, as services, available to its members, so the objectives of selection and promotion of the breed are reached.
• Conduct any operation contributing to the genetic improvement and promotion of the SF breed.
The organization of the Selle Français Stud-Book expresses its will to gather all people involved in the Selle Français sector for a strong action in favor of SF breeding and its competitiveness.
Each and every constituent colleges of the Selle Français Stud-Book is a mean to act and an active representation to work together on selection, production, enhancement, promotion and commercialization of a reliable and efficient sport horse that is adapted to every need of modern horseback-riding.